If your home has ever been affected by a flood, you know what serious damage it can do to your property. Water everywhere – the floor is covered in puddles and water is dripping from the skirting boards. The wallpaper or paint is coming off and the furniture is stained. It’s a horror scenario!
What causes a flood?
It shouldn’t come as a surprise that the risk of a flood caused by high water occurring naturally is higher in houses that are built in low-lying areas and close to the water. But a flood can also be the consequence of:
- Faulty, rusty or poorly installed flexible water hoses
- Broken pipes
- Poor drainage
- Malfunctioning appliances
- Forgetting to turn off the tap
- Damaged foundation
Book in a plumbing inspection! Not just for new homes, it’s a good idea to regularly check the plumbing in your home is functioning properly.
- We check the following for you during our inspection:
- Water lines for leaks
- Check the type of pipes you have
- Check sewer drains and storm water drains with drain cameras to ensure there are no breaks
- Tree roots or debris lodged in the drain
- Your hot water system for correct function and report any faults or when the hot water system will need to be replaced.
- We apply waterproofing tests to all shower bases to ensure waterproofing has not been compromised
- Will also inspect your roof tiles and colorbond for leaks and quality.
- You will get a report on faults and repairs needed to prevent leaks.
We will also check all water fixtures on the property including toilets, taps etc. and prepare a detailed report for your entire property and quotation on any repairs needed to be done on completion of inspection.
Our professional plumbers can detect a potential leak before it becomes a major problem. During the inspection they will inspect all flexible water hoses, valves, the water pressure, your hot water system and more and inform you if there are any concerns.
You can find out more about common issues a plumbing inspection might uncover here.
National Plumbing can help reduce the risk of a flood emergency in your home by conducting a plumbing inspection, give us a call and we can get a professional plumber out to your home.
For all your emergency and general plumbing needs throughout Brisbane and the Gold Coast, you can rely on National Plumbing. We are open 7 days, have no call out fees and offer a same day service. You can call us on 1300 246 627.